Friday, December 17, 2004

Motherhood

Last night I did not sleep well because my son was kind of fussy. He had the 18 months shot the day before and I think it was the body reaction that made him fussy.
Recently he does not sleep in his crib because it is too small for him, not that the crib is small it suppose to be good even till 3 years old but my son just moves around so mush so he wakes up a lot if he sleeps in his crib so I put a mattress on the ground and fill around it with pillows and blankets so if he moves around he won’t be on the ground.

Sometime he sleeps from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am, he wakes up at 5 to have some milk and then go back to sleep. Sometimes like last night is not that easy, he woke up around 2:00 pm and I woke up as soon as I heard him crying I tried to calm him down and it took me one hour to put him back to sleep he was trying to be as close as possible to me and I could feel he feels a lot better when he is in my arms. Some books say you should just let kids cry until they fall asleep, so they will be independent! I can not really get it, when your kid needs you, you should be there for him, when you can make him feel comfortable and secure of course you should not hesitate to do that. I do not agree with parents that bring their kids to their own bedroom and share the bed with them but when your kid needs you, you can go to his room and sleep next to him to make him feel comfortable.

Motherhood is such a amazing thing, before I became mother I was so fussy about my sleep time, if my husband would wake up to go to bathroom and he made noises I would become mad that why he was not careful enough and woke me up, or if someone called late and woke me up I would become very mad, but now my son wakes me up even 3 times a night sometimes and I run to his room with love and adoring words and try to give him as much love as I can and make him sure that I am there for him. Motherhood has changed me a lot!! I love the feeling of love that I have for my son, it is not comparable to any other kind of love!! I really enjoy every bit of it although being mother is sometimes very tiring but a smile from him pays it off!!

Now I understand this sentence that I have heard a lot that says” A woman becomes complete when she becomes mother”!! (no offense to women who are not yet mothers or decided not be one).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home