Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Training Day!

I went to Anaheim (the city between San Diego and Los Angeles that Disney land is located) for a training session. I left home on Monday night and checked in to the hotel about 9:00 P.M. and took part in classes yesterday all day along. It was so hard to leave my son a lone although my Mom came and stayed at our place but some times he wakes up in the middle of night and calls me I go to his room and comfort him and put him back in sleep. It was the first time in 2.5 years of his life that I was not at home during the night. Any way he had cried after me and my Mom and my husband tried their best to distract him! I think he is too much attached to me! I hope he is not going to be a mommy’s boy!

Any way training was Okay. There were about 3000 developers that had traveled from all over the US to Anaheim for this training and seminars. It was a 3-day event but I just took part for one day. It was mostly about a new Macromedia product, which is called, Flex. The funny thing is whenever I go to these high Tech seminars and trainings I see very few women. It’s amazing that very little amount of women are interested in IT in U.S I think this is not just US and every where in the world must be the same. One of the reasons is that in this field you should always keep yourself up to date and as a woman who is wife or mother it is always hard to put so much time in learning, training, etc besides work. Any way when I think about it I see that I really enjoy programming and if would go back the only other job that may would attract me is being lawyer I think I could be good at that too! But my real fantasy job would be fashion designer! I love cloths and fashion but working in those fields is very competitive and part of it is luck!

Some thing that came to my mind while I was at the training yesterday was how well organized was the whole thing and how well they managed all the sessions and seminars. The Americans are really good at management and may be that’s the key to their success, even if the president is not the most brilliant person! But still the country is well managed in most of aspects because no matter what, there are always lost of good managers on the top! Exactly despite of what we have in Iran, may be we have lots of smart people that if you give them chance they can make a small America inside the Iran! But the management is zero; to me it is absolutely zero! I think this is a big issue in every developing country. They need to work on management skills more than any thing else so they can develop faster! And of course the other important key would be stealing less and spending more for the country too!! What do you think??

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

You're right with that management stuff. Management has to be there though in the right proportion.
In Holland we got to many managers. Everybody wants to be one cause it gives you more money.
What we need is a small management and a keen workforce I think.

2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home