Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wedding

We went to a wedding on Sunday. It was the wedding of our very special family friend’s son. The groom was Iranian and the bride was American so it was a mix wedding having taste of both culture but a little bit more of American culture in it.
Any way it was very nice and touching. When I was watching the ceremony for the first time I thought to myself that would it be possible for me to take part in my son’s wedding? You never know what happens in life. I did not have my parents at my wedding because my father was passed away and my Mom could not get the US visa!
It was very painful for me because I was hopeful that I would have my Mom at my wedding until two days left to my wedding, but I acted really strong on that day. I promised myself not to ruin the day for my husband, our guests and myself by showing any sadness or emotion! But it still hearts when I think about it. I think that is a wish of every parent to be there at his or her kids wedding!
Anyhow the couple looked so good together, they are both 25 years old, very young and full of dreams. I wish them the best of luck.

We are invited to two more weddings in November! This year was year of weddings for us. I am glad that we are taking part in happy events!

Another news is that they called off our Out sourcing again. This is the third time that they bring it up and they disapprove it!! I think my husband is right. It takes forever in a government agency to get rid of employees!! Thank god!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam omidvaram ta akhare sal be aroosi o khoshi bashe baratoon

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man engili30 bilmiram:D

have a good time...my dear!

1:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dear.
first of all,i say that :im so happy that i find your web by the violet`s web.i cant speak and write english very well,but i like and try for learning this language so much.so i hope that you accept my excuse for my wrongs.
im sahar from iran-tehran.im 22 years old and im single.
im gonig to read your archive soon.i like that.but for this post:congratulations. i hope that u and ur familly have a nice time every day & i wish you happiness with your hasbend and your kids.
dear ocean,i have a weblog if u go to my web it makes me so happy.if u want...
by the way say hello to your hasbend and kiss your kids.i like you so much.
i will wait for you.
so long.

5:45 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, I read your post. What that wedding is concerned I think that it's just the way how cultures are absorbed in the American culture or any culture at all.
Just after World War II many Dutch emigrated to Canada. Being farmer there meant an isolated existence and the friends they had where mainly Dutch too. Their children were more orientated on the Canadian culture. They spoke little Dutch and the third generation spoke hardly any Dutch an were fully adopted in Canada. Hopefully they kept the good values Holland has, however that might be the universal values everyone has.

What your job is concerned, I hope that you have the possibility to grow. Well the training proves that they invest in you, don't they?

9:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home