Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holidays

Last Thursday was Thanks Giving (Rooze shokr gozari) holiday. We are off on the day after Thanksgiving as well so we had four days weekend. That is one of my favorite holidays. We were invited at my husband cousin’s house for Thanks giving dinner. This is an American custom but all Iranian that I know here follow that as well. The dinner should include Turkey (Booghlamoon) and other side dishes like mashed potato, corns and different sauces. Some people add other foods to it. Any way I am not a big fan of turkey but I like the get together and celebration. The day after Thanks giving is a big sale and most of stores are open from 6:00 am. I went with my Mom for shopping and made some financial damages! You know how much I love shopping!
On Saturday we were invited to another wedding. A friend of my husband, it was a nice wedding and bride and groom were so cool. This must be the last wedding for this year!!

Today is exactly seven years that I have moved to US. My life has changed so much in last seven years. It passed so fast! When I first moved here I was not even sure that I would stay!

The other news is that my Mother-in-law will come in early January and will stay for six months this time! Since they are three brothers every body’s share is two months. I think we will take the first two months and get over it. This way is easier for me, other wise if she comes and goes like every 3 or four weeks there will be more arguments between brothers and the other two will try to pass her to us every holiday or long weekend and bring all sorts of excuses to make us take care of her more! The thing that bothers me is that she is so rich in Iran and she can buy an apartment for herself here and make it easier for every one or just moves to US. She wants to have here and there and she does not want to spend any money from her own pocket! I know I should stay cool and don’t stress about it but when she is in Iran we are all peaceful but when she comes the brothers are fighting all the time, every one get stressed and too much gossips goes around and she is the source of it. God helps me to be patient for these two months. I am sure that you will hear more stories about her here soon!!!!!!!! Just bear with me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home