Friday, December 02, 2005

ER

My Mom called me at 6:00 am on Wednesday morning. She was very sick. She just told me that she was not feeling good and I rushed towards her house. I was so scared. Because she has high blood pressure and she had stroke about 5 years ago. When I got there she said that she was so dizzy and she was vomiting. She could not even stand up. I thought I could not take her to hospital like that so I called ambulance. They were very fast. After about 8 or 9 minutes they got there. It was a big team may be about 10 people, they asked me about her medical history and stuff and assured me that most probably it was not stroke. They took her to the emergency room and I followed them to the hospital. I myself had gone to emergency room once before but this one was so organized and clean. While I was waiting for the tests and procedures to be applied on my Mom I was thinking to myself that how special are doctors and nurses. They are mostly very patient they deal with people sickness, diseases, anger and etc and they try their best to help people. This is not something that every one can handle. I myself could not be a doctor or nurse not because I don’t like helping people but because I am not that strong, brave and patient!

Any way the test results showed that my Mom had got vertigo which is a virus in ears that makes the person very dizzy and unbalanced. They gave her medications and I took her to my place to take care of her. She is doing better now. Thank god it was not important thing. I really appreciate being healthy. When you go to hospital you realize how important is the health. We all know it but we just forget about it because we are so busy with life. It is good to sit down some times and remember all the positives values of our lives and appreciate it and get some positive energy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,
Hopefully your mother is okay by now. It is a shock when you hear it at the first moment. Maybe the adrenalin made you take the decisions quickly.
I think you made the best choice.

take care,

Jan

12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام عزیزم Ocean

خیلی خوشحالم که بیماری مادرت زود برطرف شده . به نظر منم سلامتی نعمت بزرگیه که ما معمولا یادمون میره که اونو داریم .
موفق باشی و امیدوارم هیچوقت مریض نشی

11:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom is okay now. You were very smart to call 911. The only times we have ever done that they were there instantly and just knowing they will always come so quickly is a very comforting thought. I feel as you do, so strongly that the medics, doctors, nurses, everyone involved, is so wonderful. There are not words enough to express appreciation for all they do.

12:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home