Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rumor has it!

We had a very relaxing Christmas holidays. We did not do much but we rested well. My husband took off from work this week and my son’s school is off too. My Mom has come over to help him out taking care of my son during day because I did not take off this week. I rather save my vacation time for a real vacation. He has lots vacation hours but I don’t have much! I will just take off this coming Friday.

On Christmas night we went to Movie Theater. I am a big fan of Jennifer Anniston and I wanted to see her new movie, “Rumor has it!” One of those movies that my husband believes is very feminine. Any way I made him to come with me. The movie was funny and cute. A guy Kevin Custner had slept with a Grand ma, her daughter and finally the grand daughter!! May be it sounds sick but it was funny and at the same time had a good message for young single women, and that was to go for some one that you can build a life with not the guys that are good for having some adventure!
This is a very big issue for lots of girls. When they are young they are mostly attracted to challenging guys the ones, that look more exiting and breath taking but at the same time are good heart breakers too!!
I myself was one of those girls when I was very young between ages of 18 to 25, I was always attracted to guys that looked exiting but they were nothing but trouble! I remember that some very nice and decent boys approached me and liked me a lot but I just refused dating them since they did not seem enough challenging and exiting. I was always attracted to the guys that had good look and at the same time were not that normal or could not handle a relationship well. After two serious relationships with two apparently challenging, adventurous guys and got heart broken I got my lesson! I am glad that I at least got it, because there are some women that they never get it. After second deep heart breaking relationship I promised to myself to just date some one that will be nice, decent and who is after a peaceful serious relationship and who does not hurt me and can make me smile. When I moved to US I promised myself that I would be very careful about dating or having any type of relationship with guys. I dated a guy couple of times and as soon as I found out that he could not be a good match for me and is one of those guys that don’t know what he wants I stopped it and I was proud of myself to be able to handle things well.
Then I met my husband and honestly at the very beginning I was not sure that if he was my type although seemed nice and he had good look but since he was 10 years older than me I was kind of doubtful about starting any relationship with him but after couple of dates I thought I should decide that I wanted to continue or not. I thought I should really give this relationship a chance. I eventually grew loving him because he was the only guy that I dated that was %100 honest and that was exactly something that I was looking for, for such a long time. Now after almost seven years that I know him I never heard a lie from him. He is kind, nice honest and makes me happy and most important of all makes me feel secure. In my pervious relationships, I always felt insecure. I never could be sure what would happen next and that’s a very bad type of relationship when you are not sure about any thing!
My husband and me have sometimes our own issues but none of them are major ones and we can handle them after yelling at each other a little bit!!

Oh my god I talked too much, didn’t I? But I truly want to give young girls whoever that reads this post a piece of advise to go for peaceful and honest relationship at least when you want to get married. May be it’s good to experience the insecure challenging relationships but don’t fall for it!!

Happy New Year to every one!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

A feminin post ;)
It's like hearing my sister.
Do you know that the man you appreciate is ,ost liked in east Africa too..
Women need a stable man on their side, at least in East-Africa..

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

hi ocean! I enjoy reading here too much and I am happy that u feel secure with yr husband. I liked to know a good translatin for " rumor has it!" many be شایعه است! Happy holidays!

4:18 AM

 
Blogger Ocean said...

Hi Jan,

When I talked about security, I meant emotional security not financial!

Ocean

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home