Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just bitter thoughts

I was very tired last night when I got home. I usually cook at home to give my son fresh food and I myself prefer to eat at home rather than dining out. Every now and then it is fun to eat out but I don’t like it often. Some times my husband cooks too. My mom sometimes cooks for us as well. Any way last night we did not have any thing ready and my mother-in-law was just sitting on the couch flipping through TV channels while I was rushing to make some thing for my son. He was climbing all over me and wanted me to sit down and play with me. Poor thing, he does not see me the whole day of course in the afternoon when I get home he wants to spend as much time as he can with me. Any way it was a very frustrating situation. Although I am trying my best to stay cool but sometimes it is really hard to manage it. I was thinking to myself that the whole weekend I cooked and she ate the good food why she did not bother to make something for our dinner today? Any way my husband asked his mom to come and help but I was very angry. These days I am stressed because of our work situation and when I come home I am more tired.

I was thinking to myself what is this? I should work whole day not seeing my son, come home be stressed about dinner and what? For a second I wish I was a house wife and would not worry much about work and career, but when I think about it I see that I really could not just sit at home and do the house work!Now I am the woman that works hard out of home and should do at least %80 of housework and kid’s work too. How far I can go? What I can sacrifice in between. Having fresh food? I really don’t like to act as majority of American women. They hardly ever use their stove and just eat out all the time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Valentine said...

dear ocean! u didn't ask her to help u! did u? anyway, i feel the same problem! sometimes i am so tried and cooking or sth like that are the most unpleasant thing in the world. but i think the best way is that somebody come and do your kitchen work one day in a week. or may be it's better to cook sth easier or try what Americans do!
take it easy dear! go ahead and be proud of your tiredness!

4:11 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

It's a good thing that your husband asked his mom to help.... I hope your husband understands the situation you're in.
Come on Ocean, keep up the faith.

2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ocean,
Personal experience: when you expect someone to do something (for you) and he/she doesn't the frustration is doubled! Whereas, if you accept others as they are (even if they treat you unfairly), at least you won't be stressed out with the built up anger!

Good luck with your busy life and thanks for your informative comment. You are right, no Oscar yet! I will add another comment to fix that mistake.

2:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean,

Yes, I remember the next day how indignant you were. MIL are classically difficult, all through history and all over the world. It's simply amazing. My Mom and I even have problems with my sister-in-law's mother, whom I refer to as "The Mother In Law" and believe me, when you call someone that, everyone knows what you mean.

I bet anything you are feeling very tired now, so new at your new job, but so relieved to now a whole world of stress has been eliminated from your life. I'm sure a good portion of your fractiousness and edginess was stress-related and you will see little improvements soon.

Just always remember to imagine circus music running in the background when you are around the MIL and she does not appear in your eyes to be at her best. And remember it's going to be that way because...she is the MIL. :D

Hope you are having a restful weekend...happy blogging...

11:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faithful Friend again...I'm rereading your old blogs as I catch up to the present (it's been so long!) It just makes me so happy knowing you've just won an award at your new job and that that time last year, when all of this was going on, that time is all over now. Glory glory hallelujah!

4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home