Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stressful day!

I am very stressed out now. This is the first stressful day of 2006 for me.

-First of all I had an interview this morning but I am not really sure that what would happen. The Interview went well but there are so many candidates as well. Any way I will know the result in less than two weeks.

_Second is our Out-sourcing issue at work all is back again. But this time is final and very serious; by the end of this year they will out source our team (the whole IT group) to contractors, if the contractors want us! God knows what will happen to us! So I desperately want the job that I was interviewed for this morning.

-And finally my Mother-in-law came last night, and she is staying at our place for now. she was planning to stay 6 months this time so every son’s share would be two months but yesterday at US custom, they gave her warning that she should stay longer since she was out for six months. The US immigration is giving hard time to green card holders who travel too much to over see these days. Any way they had suggested that she should stay for 10 months this time before traveling again!! Just imagine 10 months! I feel I cannot take this any more. Since I have married with my husband which is almost six years now, we have had her here every few months going back and forth to our house. Stay with us and this is getting too much! She should really do some thing about it. The funny thing is that she has suggested to her sons that if they have problems with their wives regarding her staying over. They can rent her a place and pay for it. She expects me to get up early in the morning put my son in day care, work full day and then pay for her rent! While she is rich in Iran and she is able to sell her properties and buy a place for her here! This is very ridiculous. I have decided to put up with her this time but for next time on I will tell my husband that I can keep her in my house up to one month a year and she really needs to get a place of her own! I know may be some people think I am cruel or not a kind person but you don’t know how annoying this lady is and how much she always takes advantage of her sons!

Any way there is too much in my head now! I will tell you more stories soon!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it easy Ocean.Sometimes thinking of stuff in worse than how they actually happen.As an Iranian woman I understand you in what you said about your mother-in-law.I think your husband's role is very important in this situation.Your marriage is long enough to speak frankly about these stuff and find a solution for them.Speaking like what you said can have opposite results especially since your mother lives in US,too. This will(God forbid)end to war between "my familly" and "your familly"

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,
I agree with -a friend-

I also can imagine your situation when you already got so much to do and then your mother-in-law asks so much attention.
In the Netherlands it happens more and more that more generations of a family live in one house, or close to eachother. But the situation you are in is -not done- here.

I hope you have all wishdom and patience on your side.

Take care Ocean.

2:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words fail me - ten months? Rich and no place of her own?

Perhaps she is fearful of being alone and needs to be reassured that she could enjoy her independence and still count on family to be there for her? Perhaps she would like to be on her own and have a housekeeper come in to help with things, perhaps make meals for her and things like that?

I think you are in a difficult position, but I think "a friend" is right - thinking about something afterwards can be worse than what really happened. I hope and wish you can find something in common with her to share. Of course if she is like the MIL in my experience, it's likely that everything about her drives you bananas. In that case I guess you'll have to come up with ways to think of the situation as...funny? Like you're writing a sitcom about her. :D

12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home