Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Good News

The good news is that I got job offer from Police Department. Since we have the outsourcing issue at my current job and I was looking for a more growing position, this was a big blessing for me. I knew that I did a good job in Technical interview but since they just needed one candidate I could not count on it much.
Any way they called me on last Friday and offered me the job, I needed to go for Personnel interview on Monday. You cannot believe how stressful was the second interview, since it is Police Department they are very very picky about the candidate’s background. In general all the government jobs are like that even in my current job they finger printed me, took medical test and did the background check but this one was a very detailed one.
Their policy is to ask you all sorts of question, very personal ones and even they ask questions about your family, friends and whoever is associated with you.
They name all sorts of crimes and ask you if you have ever done it or not. Drug usage is a big thing; if you have used any drug in your lifetime your chance is zero.
Any way it was not just the questioner, the stressful part was the lie detector part, yes you read it right. They had lie detector exactly like movies.
I was connected by a microphone to computer and the lady asked me some questions so the machine would decide that if I was telling the truth or not. I was very nervous not because I was going to lie but because I don't trust those kind of programs and detectors. You can be just
Stressed and the machine shows you are lying! Any way, long story short, I got the job and I am so grateful and happy about it.
It was perfect timing for me. Things are getting worse at my current job and now I don't need to deal with it any more.
The other good point of the new job is that they are using all sorts of new technologies and I will learn a lot.
Another good thing is that my manager is Iranian and I have heard lots of good things about him. He seems to be very nice person.
Please don't think that I was picked because he is Iranian because 4 other people were involved in making this decision.
Any way I am so happy and am thanking god so much for helping me and never leaving me alone!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! I wish you all the best with your new job. You know, the accuracy of these lie detectors is above 99%! It is amazing how they work. Only professionals (who are trained) can full the detector.

Now that you are working for the police department, shouldn't you keep the details in secret?! (Just kidding)

10:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, I left you the previous message and I checked my messages, to my surprise there was one message from you! We just crossed pass!

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Ocean congrats with your new job. This is really great, especially because you want it so much and you need it as well.
So it makes you now a colleague in the LAPD-squad, or what? ;-)
When do you start in the new job?

But for sure, change can make you grow.

10:59 PM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

congratulations!finally you find what you want! you will learn many new points and that's very good. hope to hear good memories from your new job!

11:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words!

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean,

Well, here is your coworker checking in with all the saved-up blogs that I promised myself I would wait to read after your last day at our office. I will never forget that amazing emotion I had the day you gave us the news of a new job - how exactly half delighted, excited, happy, relieved and glad I was, and half so sad and teary. I am so worried for all of us with this outsourcing thing, particularly those of us with small children, so you can imagine my relief when I saw that your future was assured. I know we can never lose track of each other - maybe some day we will all have a reunion and laugh our heads off!

Now I am going to read more blog, dear, dear Ocean.

:D

11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://hknvtxve.com/mrud/hscx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cryhwnjq.com/jmyl/rqus.html]Cool site[/url]

1:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

1:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://hknvtxve.com/mrud/hscx.html | http://robnuydc.com/rvnp/pcyg.html

1:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home