Monday, February 20, 2006

New job!

I started my new job on Friday. May be you ask why on Friday? Because the payroll week starts on Fridays for some organizations.
Any way I was well received by my manager. He is very nice and professional, He introduced me to all the IT staff and gave me tour of building and data center. The work environment seems more quite than my last job. People are busy with their own stuff but every one was welcoming and nice. The thing that impressed me a lot was how every thing was already set up and ready for me, usually when you start a new job it takes couple of days to get the user accounts or even your computer set up. But even all the necessary office supplies was there for me on my desk in case I need any thing. That shows how professional and organized they are. I really like my new boss. He is very nice and tries to explain every thing in detail and in a very patient manner. I hope I do my best and make him proud of me.
The good thing is that I started on Friday and we had a long weekend so I can settle my mind better for the new job. Today is President day in US.I will tell you more details and stories soon!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, great that you got a positive feeling about your new job. That's a good start. Hopefully they make you feel proud on the organization you're working in.
I bet you were to impressed to think about your old colleagues, weren't you?
Have a good first working-week,
see ya

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

so you had a good start! reading your post, i compared to that of Iran!the result was disapointing. I worked at a company for 3 months, everyday I looked for modem cable, pen, paper,and everything! so ocean! enjor your life and your work!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

I was reading your archive of 2004. I really enjoy your honest feeling about everything. I start to read weblogs from womeniniran too! i appreciate Khorshid khanoom and understand her alot, and zeitoon and others!I found your blog in khorshid comments! I wish i found here sooner, but at least i am sure that find a very dear friend who live far far away and I'v never seen her! however I understan her feelings in her simple life! thanks ocean for sharing all these beautiful things:)

2:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good start! I (too) get anxious when I have to meet new people. But, when I meet them, I see how nice they are. Most people are nice and friendly.

5:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://lprcinnj.com/eaos/chja.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tpxskkfx.com/nytd/dcpb.html]Cool site[/url]

5:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

5:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://lprcinnj.com/eaos/chja.html | http://nbcgboij.com/knwb/jkqd.html

5:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home