Sunday, March 19, 2006

Happy new year!

I have not written a post for about 10 days! Usually the only good time to write for me is at night and by the time I can write I am too tired.

-Any way we went to a short vaction this weekend. I had not seen snow for more than seven years and my husband wanted to join some friends in big bear. That is a little city by mountain about 3 hours a way feom San Diego. Usually people rent cabins there and go for skinig ( some thing like Dizin). I never was a ski person, in Iran most of my friends would go for skining almost every week in winter but I was lazy to get up early in the morning over the weekend and go with them. Any way I was not very excited about going to ski especially now, just before the new year but my husband was insiting alot and I gave in. The snow view was beautiful but it was too cold for me. My son enjoyed it a lot and my husband tried to teach him skinig. He looked so cute with ski outfit!
we just came back this afternoon and I am happy that I am back home. Thank god that I live in a city that is never too cold or too hot! The coldest days in winter is about 10 C and the hottest days in summer are not warmer than 30 C or at most 35 C!! Some thing like paradise!!

-Tomorrow is Persian new year, although I was tired I set up my Haftseen and am ready for the new year. Me and my husband both took off from work.
We are invited to big new year's party tomorrow night!
I really hope that this year to be a great year for Iran, I ranians and the whole world!

By the way I miss "Shomal"(north of Iran by Caspian sea). I loved going to shomal in Eid. It was so happening. We would alway got a room in Hyett, my brother's in-lwas has a villa in Amir dasht we would spend days with them and night in the hotel it was so much fun. I usually took my friends with me. I have lots of good memories of those Eids in shomal!
I like to go for visiting in Eid again , may be next year or the year after!

Eide hameh mobarak! ( Happy new year)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Happy new year Ocean. Well I hope you enjoyed the snow afterall. It must be the first time for your son, isn't it?
How is your work by the way?

1:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Have you ever tried skiing? I never did in Iran, but now I am a big fan! It is a lot of fun. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

7:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام سال نو رو بهت تبريك ميگم اميدوارم سال خوبي داشته باشي

1:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home