Saturday, March 04, 2006

Persian New year!

-These days are passing so fast for me. I have a lot to do at work and learn lots of new things. Some time I don't know how time passes by and I look at the clock and it's time to go home. I like it a lot. I really don't like to sit and do nothing! I am getting more and more used to the new environment.

-Persian New Year is just around the corner, in almost two weeks we will have our new year again. I am really happy that people in California celebrate Persian New Year as big and elegant as Iran.
Every one is cleaning the houses and getting ready for the New Year. I should start shopping for Haft Seen (that is our special set up for new year). We are already invited to two New Year's party. The very fun day for me is Chaharshnbeh Soori (that is the last Tuesday night of the year) I always loved the Chaharshnbeh Soori celebration, I remember that me and my friends were counting days for this day to go out, jump on the fire, have fun and meet new guys!!
Here they celebrate Charshnbeh Soori very big, most of Iranians get to gether in a big park on the beach and set up fire to jump over. There is DJ to play music and all sorts of food stamps.
The City of San Diego knows about the celebration and they always coordinate with Iranian organization for the celebrations and send security and stuff for help. It is a pity that our culture and customs is respected and accepted by local government here but in our own land there is no respect for people's celebrations and customs, the custom that we inherited from long time a go (3000 years) and these Mullahs want to just destroy our customs, dignity and culture. I am sure, as they have not been successful so far they will never be in their dirty mission to destroy great Iranian culture and just make people to mourn for the dead ones all the time!! Ok it's New Year again and my nationalist feelings have boiled up again!! It's amazing that I miss Iran more when it is close to New Year time. Although I love being were I am and I am so grateful to be accepted and respected in this land but homeland is not something that you ever forget or care less about. I truly hope that we get back our country and our dignity from enemy some time soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger Valentine said...

so you have charshambesori?? that's very nice,i like nuts and Baslogh more than everything!! but unfortunately this ceremony is not attractive for me at the moment!! It only reminds me bombardment of war!! believe me! and not for 1 day, but during esfand u can hear this voices. i have good memories form charshambesori in some years ago:) any way... i wish we never forget such a days.
aha! i studies english at university, i know my speaking is full of mistakes!

1:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed persian new year too. I mean the atmosphere: all people wearing new clothes, clean houses, long holidyas, and the nice weather. For me christmas is never the same as Nowrooz. I don't know why.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Happy New Year to you all.

8:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://dbnxlfql.com/byve/ugwy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://axjijzpw.com/ilbz/tlsj.html]Cool site[/url]

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://dbnxlfql.com/byve/ugwy.html | http://wtidqnpq.com/kcwa/xxdv.html

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home