Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Stress

I am stressed out and there are bunch of reasons for that. The first reason is My Mother- in-law, she has come from Iran and she is planning to stay for seven Months! Yes Seven months. They are three brothers and she will be more with my younger brother-in-law and us. The thing is whenever she comes she goes on my nerve. She always has comments and opinions about every thing! She is very lazy, always wants to be served and lots of other thing!!
God know how I will deal with this situation for next 7 months!!

The other thing is my job, they are talking to out-source us to contractors, which is not finalized and approved yet. My boss believes it won’t happen, but if it happens I will feel as a big looser, because I had a great job before this job, I was paid more and it was a more growing job, but since this was a government job, my husband and every one around me encouraged me to quit the pervious one and accept the offer, they all believed the government job is more secure!! Yeah right!!

And finally I should put my baby in Day Care/pre School. Since my mom is going back to Iran I should put him earlier so he can get used to it, I do not want him to face two big change at the same time ( my mom’s absence and pre-school) and the pre- schools or day cares have long waiting list I cannot miss the chance now, may be they won’t have room for him later. I feel sad about it, I hope he can adjust fast. I know it is good for him, especially because English is not our native language, he needs to learn that in school.

I don’t know, some times I think I wish I had the chance to stay home with him until he becomes 5 years old! But I need to work, may be we should have chosen a more simple life so we did not need my income! But what would happen to my career??

I don’t know, I have mixed feelings these days and I am stressed! I am actually over whelmed.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,

If I didn't wish you a merry Christmas in advance then I hereby wish you a merry Christmas (a postriary, posterior) and a happy New Year.

I read your piece...and it's a stressy situation you're in.
There will be a lot of opportunities in your mother in law coming over for seven months.
It has many disadvantages as far as I can see.
But every disadvantage has its own advantage the Dutch national Philosopher Johan Cruijff once said.
So try to look at the bright side.
Seven months is a long time. Try to discuss the possible/likkely pittfalls in this period and make arrangements so the burden is divided on everyones shoulders. Make some kind of rules.

Ocean, about pre school. More than 30 years past when I went to my first school and I felt as sad as my mother did. But after a few days I didn't know the difference and it felt as good being at school as being at home. Here, mothers say they feel good when their child feels good.

Ocean, may you and you're family be and stay in good health,

Jan from the Netherlands

2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://xiuguiji.com/wbsc/ctcx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lxvgmogh.com/wawt/erui.html]Cool site[/url]

7:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

7:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://xiuguiji.com/wbsc/ctcx.html | http://aeasbnqr.com/simp/ynpv.html

7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home