Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Religion

I was listening to the news today and I heard about the Afghan man who converted his religion to Christianity in Germany, he was arrested when he was back to Afghanistan.
By Shariat law that Islamic Mullahs dictate in Afghanistan and some Islamic countries he deserves death penalty! Since US and Europe pressured the Afghanistan’s government to free the man they finally freed him, and they came up with the story that he has mental problem so he cannot be punished. I hope he is safe now but this is absolutely ridiculous why all these fundamentalists make that big of a deal of people’s religion. Why that should be so important. To me religion is a very personal choice and it is not any body’s business what is your religion or even if you have one.
I myself believe in all religions and respect them all but I practice what makes more sense to me. I believe in god and being a good person, if a person is a decent person I don’t care what his religion is.
We all know that there are good and bad people in followers of every religion, most of people have a certain religion because they have inherited that from their family. There are very few people who go and research and pick a religion, so judging people based on their religion is absolutely ridiculous. Some times I really wonder how come these things that are so obvious and simple to understand is so difficult to understand by at lease half of the population on earth. What really make them so closed minded!
I am sure god never wanted that religions become a tool for human beings to fight each other and kill each other over it.

I don’t tell you what is my actual religion or the religion that I am born with, but it is easy to guess though. I myself had a little prejudice over my religion, but just a little not much, before I
Moved to us but living here and being in contact with different nationalities, cultures and beliefs made me realize that the most important thing is how people live and how hard they try to be a good person not what religion they are born with or they have picked. Now I respect all religions ( I used to respect them before too but I am more sensitive towards them now) it does not matter that it has come before my religion or after mine ( some people just respect the religions before theirs!). I try to practice being a good person, I have my own faults and mistakes but I am at least trying. I can say that my religion today is humanity ant it’s rules is based on honesty, integrity, loyalty, care for other human beings and kindness and I know that all the religions already have these rules as their prime rules.
I really wish that one day we all human beings become united and forget about the small differences and practice humanity. I hope that day is not that far!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I partially agree. One thing that doesn't make sense to me is how you can believe in so many religions at once, even though they contradict each other in so many different ways. You can't believe that there is one God while you belive there are many, for example. Yes, acceptance is one thing, but belief is quite another. I do aggree that judging somone based on their religion is ridiculous, however if you know what somebody believs in, you can know what kind of person they are to a certain extent.

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that. I wish for such a world too.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

happy new year my friend!wish u the best

4:22 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

May the force be with you... ;-)

2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! So beautifully put, Ocean. May we all always join hands in love and kindness, with laughter and affection thrown in for nice flavors!

5:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home