Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Memories of Geisha

I have been trying to update my blog for last couple of days, but every day something comes up or I get too lazy to write. The thing is when I don’t update my blog for few days I feel guilty, I miss my virtual friends!
Any way last weekend was a very busy weekend for me and I did not get any chance to write.

-I saw memories of Geisha and that was a good movie. It was showing the life styles of Gishas in Japan about world war 2 time. It is sad that women have been always used as sex object even today in modern countries, but the way they are using women as sex object just has changed! I saw a documentary program last week on Persian satellite about Iranian prostitutes! Every one says that prostitution has become such a fast growing job in Iran for young poor women or the girls that just run a way from home! I know that prostitution have been always there but is getting really out of hand in Iran these days.
The program showed the girls with shaded faces who were talking about their job as a prostitute, all of them would say it’s all because poverty. Which is true! The shocking part of the interview was about women who were married, had kids and were prostitutes.
This is way too much especially for our culture. I know poverty makes people do lots of things but when you are married, that really changes things. May be I was too naive to think that a married woman does not become a prostitute even if she is too poor.

This is a big shame for our government who think they are role models for Islamic world! Is this what Islam told you to practice? To steal from people as much that prostitution becomes an option for a married woman!
Here in US as far as I know and have seen in documentary programs, there are two groups of prostitutes, the first group that are the bigger group are drug addicts so they do this to gain money for drug not because there is not job or support for the. Of course poverty is a reason too but I believe there are at least enough minimum wage jobs here for every one who really wants to work! The second group who usually work in gambling cities like Las Vegas or Atlantic city pick this profession because they are looking for easy money and they make a really good money, like $3000 in 2 hours!!!
I know there are some prostitutes in Iran that belong to this group, they want fast easy money but I am sure the majority of them are poor and don’t have any support from their families or government!

Any way seeing this sad and shocking program and then memories of Geisha made me so
Sad and at the same time grateful to be born in a decent family and have the opportunity to get education and decent life. I know lots of these women don’t have any other option and it is so cruel to judge them when we are not in their shoes!I really wish that some day we human beings can eliminate poverty and create more opportunities for every one in the world. Every body deserves to have a decent life!

4 Comments:

Blogger Valentine said...

dear ocean! they look at it like a job! so no difference she is married or not!! it is really sad...

5:03 AM

 
Blogger Valentine said...

dear ocean! they look at it like a job! so no difference she is married or not!! it is really sad...
i miss you too! don't be lazy pls:)

5:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام عزیز جان،
مرسی به خاطر کامنتی که برای من گذاشته بودین و خوشحالم که از پستم خوشتون اومده. در مورد تجارت سکس در ایران باید بگم که من هم برنامه هایی در این مورد دیده ام. حق با شماست خیلی ناراحت کننده است که وضع مردم کشوری که اینقدر منابع طبیعی و ثروت داره باید از شدت فقر به تن فروشی رو بیارن. یعنی ببین چقدر دزدی می شه که با وجود قیمت بالای نفت ملت ایران هر روز فقیر تر و درمانده تر می شن!!

5:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drug addicts account for a large number of prostitues in Iran too. But, you are right, most of them do it for their basic needs. This is one of the signs of a sick economy.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home